Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yes! I can eat sushi..... Oh wait, no I can't!

So I have been stressing about my plateau, but I went to the Dietician on Monday and I had dropped 3 kgs, so exited! I felt great. So now I weigh 174kgs, which amounts to 15kgs post surgery and 28kgs from my heaviest weight. Then we were discussing this past week. I told her about my first episode of dumping syndrome... It not fun, trust me. I was out with friends and ate off the platter in front of me. OBVIOUSLY a beeeg mistake. I had such bad tummy cramps.. basically I was out of commission for several hours... Not fun.. So the dietician says to me, well if you are out you can have sushi, limit it to 4 pieces of a roll and some sashimi. So the first thing I did was at lunch I rushed out and bought myself a californian roll and 2 pieces of sashimi.. I had two pieces of the roll which walking to my car. As soon as I opened my car door, I bent over and the sushi came straight back up. Yuck. Then drove a little further, at the robots, car door open, wommitting again... then as soon as I got back to the office, I ran to the bathroom and a little more came up. So clearly I cannot eat sushi. Pity. But that experience has killed any craving I had for it. sushi is dead to me... (okay maybe not - but definately for a long time)...
I had my first session with the personal trainer yesterday too. That was fun. I worked up quite a sweat and really enjoyed it... (SHOCK GASP HORROR) I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. Yes I enjoyed exercise. wow. sorry having an epiphany here. exercise used to be evil, and since I have lost a small child in weight, its not that bad, and hopefully the lighter I get, the easier it gets.
I also went to the support group meeting. It was my first one post op, It was quite a bleak one, because they had a counselling session for everyone because my surgeon has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and its a poor diagnosis. It's quite a shocker, so if you can please keep him in your prayers. But what shocked me more were post op patients who were a year post op and had only lost 30kgs so far. I nearly fell over.. I am planning on having lost 30 kgs by the end of may... 50 kgs by the end of july and all my weight by feb next year. I have made a chart tracker and exercise features heavily in that equation because that is something I have learnt, diet helps but exercise loses the weight. I did a little exercise last week and 3 kgs went bubbye... so theoretically if I move my ass for a min of 30 mins a day, 5-7 days a week, a poo-load more weight will fall off me never to return again... whoop whoop

1 comment:

  1. Hey Candy man, this is a great blog spot, thouroughly enjoyed it!

    I am in my final year of dietetics so if you need any advice, im your 24hr call / message away... OK like not early random hours of the night / morning though! ;-D

    My number is 076 984 9496

    Best of luck going forward
    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete